Mintupdate

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Mintupdate

Postby mjbeckett on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:53 am

Hi

I'm a newbie who has recently installed Daryna XFCE edition. But I'm having trouble with mintupdate. When I first start the program the lock is green and says there is updates available. I open the program and put in my root password. The program opens but there are no updates showing. I click on refresh and the lock flashes for a while and then changes to a broken lock. I have an active internet connection running .

I have looked at the manual which says to right-click on the icon and click on information but mine is a different version and only offers me the option to quit.

:?: Sorry if it's something really obvious or stupid but I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks.
mjbeckett
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mintupdate

Postby Fornhamfred on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:52 am

Hi

Was there a specific reason for installing Daryna as the new version Elyssa ( Mint 5 ) is out and I have tried mintupdate on my live cd and it works fine. I would suggest that whichever you use you change the preference setting to level two as those packages are approved for Mint.

You can update from 4 to 5 by following this link viewtopic.php?f=110&t=17010&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Good Luck
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions