ndiswrapper help

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

ndiswrapper help

Postby locutus on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:41 pm

I've never had to test the waters of ndiswrapper. Now's the time. I bought a bluetooth dongle for my laptop to talk to my desktop, that came with XP & Vista drives, no Linux. Their website has a .deb download for the Asus eeePC, but it wouldn't install. So how do I go about setting this thingy up? Please & thanks!

Probably no guarantees, I know. But I'd like to try.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: ndiswrapper help

Postby y2julio on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm still a Linux n00b so I could be wrong but ain't the purpose of ndiswrapper to use windows drivers? So wouldn't the drivers that came with the device work? You just have to locate the .inf file and add it.
y2julio
Level 1
Level 1

Postby locutus on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:04 pm

That's what I figured too, but the .inf file wouldn't install for some reason. Then I thought, why not just try installing it using Wine? And the darn thing worked!! Sending and receiving. Best $1.25 I ever spent on a laptop addon device!

Thanks for your reply, though.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Postby y2julio on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:25 pm

That's odd but hey, at least it worked lol
y2julio
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions