Vodaphone usb modem

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Vodaphone usb modem

Postby jaffa on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:19 pm

OK here goes.....Decided to dump Vista :evil: on my laptop and try Mint via the light version with the idea of getting the full version later if goes ok. I love the look and feel compared to Suzi but have one problem !

I down loaded the Vodaphone Linux driver and then loaded it via a cd and came across " must be run in root " when I tried to run the programe. I was in root ? Any ideas !

It would be nice to run Mint on my new laptop :D ,but Ive had to go back to Vista for now as I need web access....... :twisted: .....Should'nt you have a smilie of Gates blowing Tucks :lol:
jaffa
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Vodaphone usb modem

Postby Husse on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:06 am

loaded it via a cd and came across " must be run in root " when I tried to run the programe. I was in root ?

Please be a bit more specific - you may not have been root where you should :) It is important to put the sudo at the right place
For instance
sudo echo "add something" | tee -a /etc/X11/xorg.conf
does not work while
echo "add something" | sudo tee -a /etc/X11/xorg.conf
does
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions