Window resizing

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Window resizing

Post by locutus »

I'm sure I've seen this question, maybe even answered it once, but now I'm having troubles resizing windows.

Say I open Deluge and a smallish box open up with scrollbars everywhere. It needs to be *wide*, yet placing the curson on any border and the cursor icon changes to the push arrow, but nothing happens. I can not change the shape/size of the window unless I click to make it full screen -- but that's too big! What am I doing wrong? I thought it might be in Compiz but nothing I change there has any effect either. Suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SpudGun

Re: Window resizing

Post by SpudGun »

This will happen if you are running compiz without a tick in the resize window option in advanced desktop effects settings. You may need to do a restart after changing the setting.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Window resizing

Post by locutus »

OK, I'd noticed that my settings weren't sticking, plus I lost my Animations settings, but I never thought of rebooting to set everything right again. So thank you: everything's working just as I set it up, again.

Return to “Beginner Questions”