Why does the download keep stopping?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Why does the download keep stopping?

Postby sarahmarienc on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Im TRYING to download Linux Mint Main Edition (Rev 1) Gnome (691 MB) and it says it's going to take 18 hours??? Come onnnn!! I don't have the fastest connection but that's just CRAZY! Why does it keep stopping and if it stops, how do I get it to start again? Is there something I can use that will ensure that it all downloads together so that I have a good ISO for the cd? Thanks...

Sarah
Be kind- edit your post topics to show they are solved and thank the people who helped. :)

"Microsoft asks us to imagine a world with no walls. Well then why would we need Windows?"
sarahmarienc
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Why does the download keep stopping?

Postby eeezzzeee on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:51 pm

Firefox should allow for resuming stopped downloads with their download manager. I am not sure why it is taking so long to download the main edition. Have you tried a different mirror? or maybe the torrent?

http://linuxmint.com/mirrors.php?id=25
"If it's stupid and it works.... it's not stupid"
eeezzzeee
Level 3
Level 3

Postby sarahmarienc on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:04 pm

The torrent gave me an error something about not having permission or junk like that... I'm stuck at 1.3 MB of 691 MB. It's not moving, and it keeps failing. Maybe it'd be better to try in the morning when my connection is better. Don't know why it's so bad tonight. SOrry for the double post.
Be kind- edit your post topics to show they are solved and thank the people who helped. :)

"Microsoft asks us to imagine a world with no walls. Well then why would we need Windows?"
sarahmarienc
Level 4
Level 4

Postby sarahmarienc on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:44 pm

it finished... yay!

sarahmarienc
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions