Saying Hello to the Linux Mint Forums

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Saying Hello to the Linux Mint Forums

Postby RyanM on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Hello fellow newbies!

I am new to Mint Elyssa, but have some experience with Linux, especially because I have a laptop with the Intel 845G chipset and BCM4318 chipset. I've wanted to run Ubuntu for awhile, but this laptop just wouldn't do it, no matter what I did. Even Mint 4.0 didn't work, but Elyssa works just great :D ! I have gotten some great info from this forum, and check it everyday. I just wanted to say to the moderators and developers, great job! I love Elyssa!!

I have run PC Linux OS 2007, openSUSE 11, and Fedora 9 (seems pretty unstable yet?!), and I've run Ubuntu in VMware as a virtual machine. Since I don't have a full blown VMware license, that ended, and I'm glad to see that Elyssa worked with next to no issues! This forum seems very active, and everyone keep up the good work!

Thank You!
Ryan
RyanM
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Saying Hello to the Linux Mint Forums

Postby badmotor on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:22 am

Let me be the first to say "Welcome to Linux Mint". It's a great place with some great people. :D
badmotor
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Saying Hello to the Linux Mint Forums

Postby smudgerii on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:13 pm

You're 'spot on'. This forum is great for anyone new to Mint or Linux in general.

Now if somebody could post 'how to' install Elyssa onto an eeepc701 I really would be a happy penguin :D :D :D
New to Linux, but not to drinking! Join me for a drink at the Squatters Arms. http://nob14.proboards40.com/index.cgi
smudgerii
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions