cannot delete network connection[SOLVED].

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

cannot delete network connection[SOLVED].

Postby louisLavery on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:49 am

I go into Network Connections, where I have I have two connections[1] "NETWORK76" and "NETWORK76 1", I delete connection "NETWORK76 1". I then connect to "NETWORK76" and find "NETWORK76 1" has reappeared in Network Connections!

I've tried deleting "NETWORK76 1" in etc/NetworkManager, but that doesn't work, the file gets restored (but I guess you know that). So I guess I've got to go back a level to find the script (is it?) that's restoring the file.

tia, Louis.

[1] The connections are the same. I just want to get rid of one of them.
Last edited by louisLavery on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
louisLavery
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: cannot delete network connection.

Postby turtlebay777 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:04 am

Left click on the network connection icon and select VPN connections, then configure VPN.

Look through all the tabs and delete the one that you want gone.
turtlebay777
Level 4
Level 4

Re: cannot delete network connection.

Postby louisLavery on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks, turtlebay777, I'll keep that for the future. As it was, since posting, I deleted the "NETGEAR76" connection and then renamed "NETGEAR76 1" as "NETGEAR76". That seems to have worked (if it hasn't I can fall back to your solution).
louisLavery
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions