cannot delete network connection[SOLVED].

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
louisLavery

cannot delete network connection[SOLVED].

Post by louisLavery »

I go into Network Connections, where I have I have two connections[1] "NETWORK76" and "NETWORK76 1", I delete connection "NETWORK76 1". I then connect to "NETWORK76" and find "NETWORK76 1" has reappeared in Network Connections!

I've tried deleting "NETWORK76 1" in etc/NetworkManager, but that doesn't work, the file gets restored (but I guess you know that). So I guess I've got to go back a level to find the script (is it?) that's restoring the file.

tia, Louis.

[1] The connections are the same. I just want to get rid of one of them.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
turtlebay777

Re: cannot delete network connection.

Post by turtlebay777 »

Left click on the network connection icon and select VPN connections, then configure VPN.

Look through all the tabs and delete the one that you want gone.
louisLavery

Re: cannot delete network connection.

Post by louisLavery »

Thanks, turtlebay777, I'll keep that for the future. As it was, since posting, I deleted the "NETGEAR76" connection and then renamed "NETGEAR76 1" as "NETGEAR76". That seems to have worked (if it hasn't I can fall back to your solution).

Return to “Beginner Questions”