Nemo hidded

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nakhap

Nemo hidded

Post by nakhap »

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just mistakenly clicked an icon at the right bottom of nemo [file manager] and now I cannot get nemo displayed. I forgot which icon as I mistakenly done it. I will be really grateful if somebody can sort out this issue.

Kind regards,

Khandu
Perth Australia
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Nemo hidded

Post by austin.texas »

What happens if you enter:

Code: Select all

nemo %U
in a terminal? Are there any error messages?
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
nakhap

Post by nakhap »

No I mean the file manager itself. I clicked some clock like icon at the right bottom of the file manager. The whole desktop icons disappear when I click one of the desktop icons or the file manager from the start menu.
nakhap

Post by nakhap »

Hi Austin,

here is the result of nemo %U

nakhap@Khandu ~ $ nemo %U

(nemo:5649): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(nemo:5649): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(nemo:5649): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
Gdk:ERROR:/tmp/buildd/gtk+3.0-3.10.8~3+qiana/./gdk/gdkcairo.c:193:gdk_cairo_surface_paint_pixbuf: assertion failed: (cairo_image_surface_get_format (surface) == CAIRO_FORMAT_RGB24 || cairo_image_surface_get_format (surface) == CAIRO_FORMAT_ARGB32)
Aborted

Kind regards,

Khandu
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

Pilosopong Tasyo advised here - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=179524
that it may be a theme problem.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
nakhap

Post by nakhap »

Hi Austin,

I did not understand the instruction even though I have been using mint for a long time now. Nevertheless I have sorted out the issue. I also had some problems during the start up indicating some errors in sbridge something like that. So all in all, I just reformatted the whole computer.

Regards,

Khandu

Return to “Beginner Questions”