Where are the power management config files located?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DaveSt

Where are the power management config files located?

Post by DaveSt »

Hi All,

I am back on Mint after a long time off with a new Haswell system. I am having problems with my mouse and keyboard becoming inactive at random times (mouse every 5 minutes or so). I am wondering if this might be an overly aggressive power management setting and I would like to exclude some USB devices from sleeping. It seems like these files used to be located in /etc/pm/config.d but that directory is empty with Mint 17.

Where are the power management config files located these days? (running Cinnamon btw)

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mzs112000

Re: Where are the power management config files located?

Post by mzs112000 »

DaveSt wrote:Hi All,

I am back on Mint after a long time off with a new Haswell system. I am having problems with my mouse and keyboard becoming inactive at random times (mouse every 5 minutes or so). I am wondering if this might be an overly aggressive power management setting and I would like to exclude some USB devices from sleeping. It seems like these files used to be located in /etc/pm/config.d but that directory is empty with Mint 17.

Where are the power management config files located these days? (running Cinnamon btw)

Thanks in advance!
Try installing all software updates and IF that does not work, update to a newer kernel, Mint 17 has a GUI for doing so, OR you can look up tutorials online.
Should none of those work, then your hardware is not supported by Linux, support might get better in 17.1, if kernel 3.18 is ready.

Return to “Beginner Questions”