update october 25th

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Loup8363

update october 25th

Post by Loup8363 »

Hi all, updated my mint 17 xfce this afternoon. On next restart, i get Ubuntu14.04 logo !!! ????? instead of mint on load up till error message ( error loading mdm theme ).
Followed by a unusual login screen. Mint load ok after. But still on every boot i get the Ubuntu 14.04 logo with mdm error. The following packets where updated : libgtk-3-0, gir1.2-gtk-3.0, libgtk-3-bin, libgail-3-0, libgtk-3-common. Is there a way to go back to old version on theses packets.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: update october 25th

Post by richyrich »

Open the Terminal,

Code: Select all

gksudo mdmsetup
Enter your password, and in the Theme tab, set the Style to HTML, click the Mint-X theme. Then close and voila ! :D
The next logout/login will be nice and minty! See below.

regards, richy
Loup8363

Re: update october 25th

Post by Loup8363 »

Thank"s Richyrich, i don't get the error mdm anymore. I still get the Ubuntu 14.04 logo screen instead of mint.... but this is not a problem.

Return to “Beginner Questions”