Change time out when computer not in use[solved]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rfharabin

Change time out when computer not in use[solved]

Post by rfharabin »

After a time when the computer is not in use Mint times out and returns to the log-in screen. I have it set to log-in auto and would like it to stay logged in or at least take a lot longer to log out Where or how can I change this setting?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Change time out when computer not in use

Post by Neil Edmond »

Control Panel > Screensaver Preferences then un-tick the box "Lock screen when screensaver is active".
rfharabin

Post by rfharabin »

Neil Edmond wrote:Control Panel > Screensaver Preferences then un-tick the box "Lock screen when screensaver is active".
I cannot find the control panel in Linux Mint Cinamon. Search brings up nothing.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

I'm doing this from memory (sorry, I run LM13 @ the office and LM17 @ home - I'm at work now...) but IIRC > System settings > screen lock (or something like that)... look around

This is what is looks like in LM13C64 >>>
lock.png
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

On LM17C64 >>>

Menu > System Settings > Screen Locker

The screen looks like this >>>
SL.png
You can change the timing of the of the listed events @ System Settings > Power Management

The screen looks like this >>>
SL2.png
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
rfharabin

Post by rfharabin »

OK, thanks. I have a Screen Locker and a Power Options. The Power Options have the settings I needed and I think that I have them set now.
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Neil Edmond »

Sorry for the misdirection, I was looking at Mate desktop when I replied. Don't think you identified your environment in the first post.
rfharabin

Post by rfharabin »

I didn't because I did not know it made a difference. Lesson learned. Thanks.

Return to “Beginner Questions”