Cpu Speed

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fred0843
Level 1
Level 1

Cpu Speed

Post by fred0843 »

I'm running a AMD 64 FX 55 CPU chip.

I have both Linux-Mint 5 and Linux-Mint KDE 5 installed.When I check the CPU speed Mint KDE 5 shows me the correct speed 26xxx,but Linux Mint 5 show it at only 12xxxx.Why is this happening ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Cpu Speed

Post by grimdestripador »

Just guessing that Main and KDE editions have differing power settings.
I would believe this to mean your main installtion is enabling speed-step. You would ramp your speed up by selecting "Performace" option on your power saver options.

I'm also guessing that you added an extra x as your computer probably doesn't run at 12000 mhz
fred0843
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cpu Speed

Post by fred0843 »

Yes 1200 mhz
I think it may be Cool n Quiet on the motherboard. idling back the CPU when not needed1

Return to “Beginner Questions”