india:turned off many services. services not loading!!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

india:turned off many services. services not loading!!

Postby bingbongbung on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:48 am

HI, all . I am from India. loaded linux mint cassandra from one of magazine's dvd. turned off many services indiscriminately without properly knowing to reduce memory usage on my 1gb system. now amarok, totem player and services applet not working. others are ok.

can you tell me what service to run to enable the above all three.

dont know which services i killed to affect all the above three programs.

Please help.

you should have a button restore to default in services applet. then i would not ask you like this.
bingbongbung
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: india:turned off many services. services not loading!!

Postby rbanavara on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:15 am

Restore defaults... seems like a good suggestion, but not sure how far thats possible. as long as its specific to "linux mint" should be possible but if its a change to GUI *DE, dont think its possible as each distro will have its own set of services as default.

Coming to enabling the services, you need to find the errors you get when you start these and try to search thsi forum / google with the error mesg. If you dont see any error message, you can try running the application from console & look for error messages.
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it -Husse
rbanavara
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions