audio is too low.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

audio is too low.

Postby horacius on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi, I just installed mint and the audio output is too low, I have to roll the speacker's knob all the way up to have a normal level. I opened the pulseaudio programs but the volume there is already at 100%, and if I try to go beyond I just got distorted audio, but not even loud. I dont know what else to do :(

Any help is apreciated.

Regards.
horacius
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: audio is too low.

Postby Mr. Blue on Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:13 pm

I don't fully understand all the sound options in linux, but try this in a terminal window:

Code: Select all
gnome-volume-control

That gives me the volume controls that can increase and decrease my sound volume properly.
Specifically, look at the 'Master' and 'PCM' sliders. And possibly the one labelled 'Front' too, if there is one.

Hope it helps.
Mr. Blue
Level 2
Level 2

Postby celtic426 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Double click on the audio button on the panel. Then go to File-Change Device. See if changing any of those devices and then adjusting their levels help. Also, make the PCM slider is on around 75-85 percent.
celtic426
Level 1
Level 1

Postby awshidahak on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:08 am

It could be a problem with your speakers. Are they amplified? If they just plug straight into your computer and don't plug nto the power outlet (or run on batteries) that could be your problem.
awshidahak
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions