Linux Mint XFCE & MSI Wind solved

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Linux Mint XFCE & MSI Wind solved

Postby naisho on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:52 pm

Hello, I'm new to the Linux scene but I've been running the XFCE edition of Elyssa on my main box for a few months. I'm going to be purchasing a MSI Wind netbook soon and I am wondering how to install Elyssa on it. From what I have read it makes sense to go with the XFCE edition for performance but since the Wind lacks an optical drive I am wondering if there is a way to install without using an external cd/dvd drive. I doubt that I will be needing the drive since I am going to be using the Wind to augment my existing setup. I can always rip whatever I want at home and transfer it to the Wind when I am there.

So, since it comes with XP Home installed at the factory, is there any way to get the Wind to install Elyssa through XP? Sorry if there's some well known way of doing this already but I would appreciate any information.

Thanks
naisho
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Linux Mint XFCE & MSI Wind

Postby Husse on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:40 am

A quick look in the how to section will lead you to
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3250
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Linux Mint XFCE & MSI Wind

Postby naisho on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:16 pm

Thanks, I got it installed. I couldn't get the Wind to boot from SD though :? I had to use a USB stick
naisho
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions