I have broken Felicia

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

I have broken Felicia

Postby EmyrB on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi All,

I'm a Mint newbie (this is my first Mint install ever) and I was playing around with it after I had installed it onto my PC. I decided to try out synaptic to install some extra software which I have on my Ubuntu 8.10 install, namely Amarok, VLC, Gramps, Scribus, Blue Fish and F-Spot. Everything went well until it came to doc-base 0.8.16. Synaptics bombed at that point so I tried to run dpkg --configure -a and this is what I get: -

Code: Select all
Setting up doc-base (0.8.16) ...
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 2, near ""http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info" type"
   (Missing operator before type?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 4, near "<comment>Amiga"
   (Missing operator before Amiga?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 2, near ""http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info" type"
   (Missing operator before type?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 4, near "<comment>Amiga"
   (Missing operator before Amiga?)
Unrecognized character \xD0 in column 26 at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix line 6.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl/5.10/AutoLoader.pm line 186.
 at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/Storable.pm line 22
Bus error
dpkg: error processing doc-base (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 135
dpkg: ../../src/packages.c:221: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
Aborted

Now I cannot run Synaptics or do and apt-get anything as it gives me this error: -

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

Help?

Cheers

EmyrB
EmyrB
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: I have broken Felicia

Postby magnus0 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Just run
sudo dpkg --configure -a

like it says
magnus0
Level 1
Level 1

Re: I have broken Felicia

Postby EmyrB on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi magnus0,

I have done that already, hence the big code block at the start of my post :)

Cheers

EmyrB
EmyrB
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions