sudo eject

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

sudo eject

Postby alpha on Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:22 am

As i've only recently discovered Linux Mint,installed wednesday, i'm feeling a little (or should that be hugely) overwhelmed...hopefully there's someone out there who can give me a heads-up.
I currently use a Novatel MC930D USB modem to connect to the net (via gnome-ppp) but as the 'stick' isn't immediately recognised by LM as a modem - so i've been using 'sudo eject /dev/sr1',in the terminal,then running gnome-ppp in order to get a connection.
Is there any way to make the 'sudo eject' command persistent...so i don't have to type it in every time i boot-up?

Thanks
alpha
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: sudo eject

Postby Husse on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:52 pm

I thought sudo eject - what the.... until I saw this page
http://yvan.seth.id.au/Entries/Technolo ... untu_.html
That does not say anything about sudo eject automagically though
You could probably use a script in init.d but I feel a bit uncertain if it's a good idea to have an eject command scripted
You could add a comment in the blog in the link above and hope for a response
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: sudo eject

Postby alpha on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply :)
I've decided to use the tried-and-tested method of connection - as it wasn't really a hardship to begin with :D
alpha
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions