Help Please ... no web video playback

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Help Please ... no web video playback

Post by xnostradamusx »

debniak wrote:I just installed Mint for the first time (ver 6 RC1) and everything works great except that videos on http://www.hulu.com will not play. Can someone tell me how to fix this? I've looked around and see no reference to web-based video streams problems.
The flash and java work fine on other sites, just not on Hulu.
Please, don't make me go back to Widows!
we all know the problem with other sites not loading like the one you just mentioned, its connected with flash problem, i think the only way to solve that is to downgrade your flash to version 9, since i tried mandriva 2009 they are using that version and have not much problems with sites who is more to flash like youtube etc.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
~cheers~

xnostradamusx
rivenought

Re: Help Please ... no web video playback

Post by rivenought »

debniak,
I watch Hulu most every day. While testing Mint 6 RC1, as well as using Ubuntu 8.10, I have noticed that Hulu sometimes takes about two minutes to get around to displaying the video. It used to be instantaneous, so the first time this lag happened, I was concerned. I waited it out, and then everything worked as normal. I am not sure why there is such a time lag, but yeah, it must be related Flash 10. This is NOT a showstopper, but it was confusing the first time it happened to me. I have only had to refresh a page once with Flash 10, whereas it was quite often with the Flash 10 betas. I have no plans to downgrade at this time since everything works, and surely will get better and better. Hulu will eventually catch up with Mint.

Return to “Beginner Questions”