k3b

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zipidachimp
Level 2
Level 2

k3b

Post by zipidachimp »

i've been all around the block with numerous distros, settling on mint 4 as the easiest. trying to use k3b to burn a cd with frostwire mp3s is proving impossible as k3b is asking me to convert to wav first. k3b in mandriva will burn mp3s directly and very fast. any idea what gives? serpentine is extremely slow and not user friendly. :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
msuggs

Re: k3b

Post by msuggs »

You probably need to install the libk3b3-extracodecs package

I
zipidachimp
Level 2
Level 2

Post by zipidachimp »

where might I find this? should it not be installed automatically? 8) thanks!
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

i just noticed you are using Mint 4. I'm not sure if Darnya had this same package. Search for it in the package manager.
zipidachimp
Level 2
Level 2

solved: Re: k3b

Post by zipidachimp »

went to package manager, and found the mp3 decoder. works now, thank you. :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”