Help with CDU-680DOrA Broadband USB

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Help with CDU-680DOrA Broadband USB

Postby aaronak on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:14 am

I recently installed Mint Elyssa, and I am trying to install a modem, that has "scripts" included with it for Linux.

The modem is a Franklin ACS offers: http://www.acsalaska.com/NR/rdonlyres/4 ... 080815.pdf

I copied the Linux folder from the modem onto the desktop per instructions,

Instructions included then say to enter: "cd Desktop/Linux",
then: "sudo ./connect", in the terminal and I do,
but the modem doesnt try to connect at all, I get a message saying: "680d interface changer-1.0.1"
and then it says below that: "Segmentation fault",
and then going back to: "desktop/Linux" and cursor in the terminal.

Sometimes it will ask for my password, but when I enter the password the cursor doesnt move, or act like a cursor would when registering input from keyboard, I cant rememeber what the message stated afterwards was.

I am a first time user of Linux, meaning I am actually am trying to get something done (I installed the OS, and registered with this forum), instead of going back to Windows (speaking of which I have Elyssa installed dual with Vista). I need help with commands, and navigating around Linux in general, and will find solutions no problem.

However for now, this is a problem I would like to have help solving.

It appears there are a lot of problems with installing wireless cards from what I saw in the networking section, I am hoping this problem is simply something I am not doing right, as the modem does come with the Linux scripts included.

I work at a Library, we have 3 of these cards plugged into our computers, (windows computers) and I am thinking of getting one for myself.

Curious, I just realized the error message has name of modem with error message.
aaronak
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Help with CDU-680DOrA Broadband USB

Postby aaronak on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Ok I found this thread on the Ubuntu forum. I am going to try using the solution they discovered to fix an extremely similar problem I am having. I believe Mint is 99% Ubuntu right?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... =Jwill1515

I am thinking maybe Mint is not for me and I should switch to Ubuntu :mrgreen:
aaronak
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions