Using Mic no sound ?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Using Mic no sound ?

Post by Husse »

Wine makes it more complicated
Anyway go through every setting for sound you can find - open the volume applet (double click) and check that the mic is not muted
There are probably settings in Wine but I don't use it (have Crossover but I don't use that either)
Surprisingly often there is a setting people have missed
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bit Mad

EchoLink working well on Wine

Post by Bit Mad »

I'm very impressed with Wine, I've got EchoLink running on my Linux Mint 7 netbook. I'm writing this in case anyone is googling for EchoLink on Ubuntu Linux etc....

I find it rather marvellous that I can sit here in the car outside a pub with free WiFi, and EchoLink away merrily! :D

I downloaded the exe file from http://www.echolink.org/download.htm , copied it into a new EchoLink folder I created in my home folder, and opened it with Wine. Everything Just Worked... most weird to see Windows style forms and buttons! It registered OK with my existing password from a previous setup, and connected fine. Once I opened up the Mint sound applet and set the recording to use the front mic, I managed to hear myself from the ECHOTEST server. Excellent!

Return to “Beginner Questions”