Laptop Power Managment

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Laptop Power Managment

Postby wessah on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:45 pm

Hey everyone! Got a question and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere for it. First off, I'm a fresh Linux user. My experiences have been limited to about two weeks on a buddy's computer ten years ago or something.

I installed Linux Mint on my laptop (An HP Pavillion DV6000) and everything works fantastically. I even managed to get the wifi drivers for my Atheros to run properly. However, the only problem I'm running into is when I close my screen, whether I set it to sleep or hibernate, it doesn't come back. The screen stays black, and I have to hard power off my comp. Is there anything anyone has heard about this? I really don't have the first clue as to how to go about getting it to "wake up" as it were.

On the flip side, I absolutely love Mint. It's great, fast, and does exactly what I want it to.

Thanks for the help :D

wEs
wessah
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Laptop Power Managment

Postby vinnythebassist6 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:32 am

I had that problem as well on an HP laptop. I know run Daryna Mint on an IBM thinkpad and all of the power management works fine. HP laptops usually have AMD processors while my IBM has an Intel processer, I think that may be the problem.
vinnythebassist6
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions