Speedlink game pad configuration help

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Denmarkd1

Speedlink game pad configuration help

Post by Denmarkd1 »

so folks here is my problem

ruining Linux 17 mint on a 64 bit machine with 16gb of ram

in my hardware setting i am missing the joystick icon and can not, to save me install my game pad

i have installed probably every form of xboxdrv i can fine

have tried jstest

qjoy

antimicro

and just about every other mapping software i can find

my system list my controller when i do a lusb command or dmesg

so i know its there

and today when i thought i was getting somewhere with antimicro

as soon as i pushed the button on my controller the program screen went grey, and it said no joystick found

what i am using is the speedlink sl-6556-bk
xeox pro analog gamepad-wireless black
the toggle on the back of the gamepad is switched to x

what would be cool if someone could walk me through removing anything that may be stopping me from installing my gamepad
and walk me through the process of installing what i need to allow my gamepad to work

any time or effort in the matter would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gg52gg

Re: Speedlink game pad configuration help

Post by gg52gg »

I've used qjoypad with a xbox360 and logitech controller, so I can't say if it will work for a speedlink. I've installed the following packages on multiple ubuntu derivatives and it's worked every time (keep your controller switched/toggled to x as you stated above):

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install xboxdrv && sudo apt-get install build-essential libqt4-core libqt4-dev qt4-dev-tools qt4-designer qt4-doc && sudo apt-get install libxtst6 libxtst-dev && sudo apt-get install qjoypad
In a terminal type "lsusb" to see if the controller is listed by name.

In a terminal type "qjoypad" or click on qjoypad in your programs menu under games. In cinnamon it appears as a blank icon or blank space on the panel by the applets, in xfce/kde/mate it appears as a joystick icon in the same area. Left click on the aforementioned icon on the panel/tray to open the qjoypad configure GUI. You can easily find tutorials on how to configure qjoypad on the net. Add/save the profile and exit out of the configure GUI. Profiles are saved in /home/"user"/qjoypad3

Right click on the aforementioned icon on the panel/tray to open a menu to select joystick, update joystick devices, update layout, select profiles, and quit.
add "/usr/bin/qjoypad" to startup applications to start qjoypad at boot

Good luck, hope this helps.
Denmarkd1

Post by Denmarkd1 »

Hi gg52gg,

when i enter the lsusb command in ther terminal

it shows my speed link gamepad as the following

Bus 005 Device 003: ID 045e:028e Microsoft Corp. Xbox360 Controller

is that a good or bad thing.

second when trying to configure my gamepad using the quick link option

i press the middle button to make a connection and nothing

i seen a tutoral on youtube were after each button was pressed it would go onto the next buttons but with me there is nothing

am i missing something....and if you have time can you tell me what i should try next

again thanks for your help

i will also look and see if there are certain programs that more friendly to my speedlink controler if possible
Denmarkd1

Post by Denmarkd1 »

Hi folks,

A update to my problem i got my speedlink sl 6566 to work with antimicro, by simply changing the selector in back of my gamepad from X to D

but now i have the problem that my "Y" dont respond and wont let me map it

and my right analog stick only registers when i move it to the right, if someone can help with this....i will be good to go, and can finally make this a solved thread

Return to “Beginner Questions”