Screen savr and google earth questions -simple I hope.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Screen savr and google earth questions -simple I hope.

Postby lloyd on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Hello, I'm a new user, a new Linux user, and I just installed Mint Elyssa and really like/appreciate it. A few things I don't understand though. Searched here but cannot find the right answer.

First, Google Earth (current and previous version) when asked to start, send me immediately out to black and then the login screen again. Not too serious as I can get along without it...but it would be nice. Using an Nvidia Gforce 6200 card on Aopen AK77 MB and AMD Athlon Barton 2500 cpu, 512 mb ram.

Second, is that if I leave the machine running for about 30 min, it goes to ssleep and will not awake with mouse, keybd or whatever. it must be hard rebooted. This one I'd like to fix, obviously.

Any clues would be appreciated?

All else seems to work great. I've tried some streaming radio, other audio and video with great results.

Many thanks,
L
lloyd
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Screen savr and google earth questions -simple I hope.

Postby Husse on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:09 am

I don't currently have a solution for the google earth problem but for the other problem got to Screens savers > Power management and adjust the sleep option.
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions