mintupdate not connecting to the net...

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

mintupdate not connecting to the net...

Postby beinghuman1969 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:07 pm

For over a week now every time I log on I get the broken lock symbol from mintupdate checker... I have tried d/ling programs from software portal and from synaptic and they both say connection error or something to that effect.... I am having no problems with my net access in any other areas... any ideas???? thanx bh1969
beinghuman1969
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mintupdate not connecting to the net...

Postby davidfoley on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Hi,
Are you behind a proxy? If so set up the proxy in the control center. If you are using an automatic proxy config script, try using a static address and port.
If neither of these click on the lock and the update manager will open, then click refresh. Sometimes the updater doesn't refresh on it's own.

Hope this helps :)

David, Wexford, Ireland. :mrgreen:
David Foley, Wexford, Ireland :)
http://www.davidfoley.org
davidfoley
Level 1
Level 1

Re: mintupdate not connecting to the net...

Postby beinghuman1969 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:47 pm

thanx for the reply but I have tried refreshing, that was one of the first things I tried and I'm not behind a proxy.... any other ideas would be greatly appreciated...
beinghuman1969
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions