Internet problem

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Internet problem

Postby mrmcanus on Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:08 pm

After installing Felicia everything went very well. Installation was easier than Elyssa. There is however a problem when my wife tried to log onto her school. It is Clover Park Technical College http://www.cptc.edu/. Every other web site on the internet works without a hitch. When she tries to access the website we get this error.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

/index.asp, line 5

I have a dual boot system with Windows XP home edition SP3. I have a belkin wireless G router attached to my modem. I have the same problem and error in windows. I have no idea what this is or what to do. But the lil' lady is blaming me and any help would be greatly appreciated because her school starts on the 5th of Jan.
mrmcanus
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Internet problem

Postby Kestrel1 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:34 pm

Not just you.
I get the same error when trying to view the page.
She needs to tell the bods at the school that the site is down.
Kestrel1
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Internet problem

Postby rivenought on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:00 pm

I can confirm the exact same error when I try to access that site, too. You can tell mrsmcanus that it is not your or Mint's fault. :D
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions