Want to try Mint but...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred

Re: Want to try Mint but...

Post by Fred »

Rapc,

Yes, burn them as separate bootable cd iso images.

You could use either the 32 bit main edition or the 64 bit adition, but I would suggest starting with the 32 bit main edition.

Fred
Husse

Re: Disk cloning/imaging(so that rapc can have his thread back)

Post by Husse »

This obviously belongs to a topic somewhere - as a single post it is rather confusing :)
crispata

Post by crispata »

I thought Fred's comment was directed at me. :oops:

I admit to using the terms imaging and cloning nearly interchangeably all the time...

Given Husse's comment above, I can say that I'd love to see this turn into a thread about doing full system backups and restorations under Linux -- with tips from those experienced in doing so.

My only success has been with dd, and I only managed that by following someone else's howto.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

I thought Fred's comment was directed at me. :oops:
Maybe it was, but I was just as guilty of mixing up the two.

This obviously belongs to a topic somewhere - as a single post it is rather confusing
Sorry about that Husse, here is a link to the original post:

http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'll merge the topics - I hope. The moderator panel is a bit kinky in this respect

Return to “Beginner Questions”