Serious graphics glitch, crashes xorg

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
riaketty

Serious graphics glitch, crashes xorg

Post by riaketty »

Be gentle, it's my first time.

I just installed Mint 17, 64 bit with Cinnamon. Working great, I even got League of Legends to work as an absolute newbie. The problem is, every once in a while, I get a huge graphic glitch. I don't even know how to describe it other than have a pic.

What is this? How do I fix it? It freezes up Xorg, and I have to go out and kill the Xorg process. It boots back up fine for another 10 min - couple hours.
It's frozen while running Mozilla Firefox, while running Chromium (i thought it was a firefox issue at first), while in a terminal window... ugh.

Sys specs: Mint 17 Cinnamon 64bit
AMD FX-6300 6-core processor X 3
2.8GB memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, currently running prop drivers version 331.113 (nvidia-331, not nvidia-331-updates).

Help a newbie out?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
riaketty

Re: Serious graphics glitch, crashes xorg

Post by riaketty »

Anyone? :(

I'm having to restart this 4-5 times a day now for this. I've searched and the only thing I've found similar is something about a mozilla patch but I don't understand it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”