Sansa Fuze?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sarahmarienc

Sansa Fuze?

Post by sarahmarienc »

I was given an early Christmas present by my husband. It's a sandisk sansa fuze. I've been looking around trying to find information about it to decide if it will work on my Mint desktop. It seems that Sandisk is trying to work towards Linux support per their catalog page:

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows® XP or Vista
* Linux and Mac OS (under MSC mode)
* Windows Media Player® 10 or 11
* CD-ROM drive (For all regions except US)
* USB 2.0 high power port required for Hi-Speed transfer and charging

But my questions is how do I get it to work? Laughing! It uses a USB to charge etc and I plug it in and it shows up on my desktop as "4.1 GB Media Player"... but I can't figure out how to add music or anything to it? This is so beyond me but it is a very nice gift and for all I've read it does work with Linux somehow. Lol!

EDIT: Okay, after some looking and reading, I switched the USB settings to MSC and can now drag and drop songs to my MUSIC folder on my Fuze. But, how do I categorize things so that It's not all random? I'll keep searching to see if I can figure it out.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
badmotor

Re: Sansa Fuze?

Post by badmotor »

are your songs MP3? You might need to use EasyTag to write the ID3 tags properly.
sarahmarienc

Re: Sansa Fuze?

Post by sarahmarienc »

badmotor wrote:are your songs MP3? You might need to use EasyTag to write the ID3 tags properly.
Yes, they're in MP3 format. They seemed to load okay. I only have one or two songs where the artist or song name didn't show up though so I'm not too worried about it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”