Bluetooth over-riding Wifi

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brodiem03

Bluetooth over-riding Wifi

Post by brodiem03 »

Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to linux and have just installed Cinnamon 17.2 onto an old HP Dm1-4108au. Installation was fine, updated to the relevant Broadcom driver and have both Bluetooth and Wifi working fine.
I have a single hardswitch to toggle wifi and bluetooth. The issue I am having is that I cannot permanently disable Bluetooth (as I don't use it), without it also turning off wifi. Using the hardswitch will turn both on or off and adjusting bluetooth via the settings kills the wifi connection as well. Is there anyway that I can turn bluetooth off but retain a wifi connection?

Thanks
Brodie
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”