automatic login/ keyring trouble

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alun_sundry

automatic login/ keyring trouble

Post by alun_sundry »

I enabled an automatic login on my laptop (Mint 6, all updates applied), only to find that it then asked for a password when I wanted to use my Vodafone USB Mobile Broadband modem. There was some kind of mention of 'keyring' also. I had the same bother when I briefly tried Ubuntu (8.10). So I unchecked the box for automatic login, but it's still asking me for a password. Neither the password I set, nor a token one Vodafone uses ('web') were accepted, and now seemingly at random I can go online or not, without this keyring business.

If having no automatic login is the only way I can get round the keyring prompt I'll put up with it (till hopefully an update takes care of it?) but as I live alone and only I use this laptop it seems a bit daft dealing with passwords.

Any assistance is appreciated.

By the way, I have a full installation, not Wubi, if it's relevant.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
alun_sundry

Re: automatic login/ keyring trouble

Post by alun_sundry »

I still haven't solved this, if anyone can help?

Thanks.

Return to “Beginner Questions”