Broadband router password protection ?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
valentine

Broadband router password protection ?

Post by valentine »

HI I was previously running windows XP on a laptop (no network) the router broadband connection was protected via a password.
I have removed windows XP & installed Linux Mint 5.0, the Mint installation has provided me with a internet connection via Ethernet eth0, will this be protected ? or do I need to install a password to stop people logging on to my wireless router, type( 3Comm) & can someone please explain how I would do this using Linux Mint]

Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Broadband router password protection ?

Post by Fornhamfred »

The setup for most routers is via your browser and require a login name and password. This is not configured by the operating system i.e.Windows or Linux but by the manufacturer. I would suggest that you have probably been using the manufacturers default password which is never a good idea. Can you tell us what router you are using by manufacturer and model.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Broadband router password protection ?

Post by Fornhamfred »

Thanks for your message. It is always better to use the thread.

Try this link.

http://azureuswiki.com/index.php/Router ... SL_Gateway

Good Luck

Return to “Beginner Questions”