Can't get laptop stereo speakers to work....

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Can't get laptop stereo speakers to work....

Postby dankearney on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:10 am

Please help I have just installed Linux Mint onto my laptop and am very pleased with the results apart from the fact that I can not get sound from my laptop speakers. When I plug in headphones the sound is heard showing that the sound card is working correctly. Any help/advise would be appriciated, I am running the latest version of Linux mint on an Acer Aspire 5050

Thanks

Dan
dankearney
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Can't get laptop stereo speakers to work....

Postby alun_sundry on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:43 am

Don't take too much notice of me because I've only been using Mint a fortnight, but right click on the volume control icon and click on open volume control or preferences, have a fiddle with the various settings - some of which will be set to zero, accounting for your lack of sound - till you get some sound, remembering what you changed so I don't get you in a worse state....
alun_sundry
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions