Mint & Cairo-Dock

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Mint & Cairo-Dock

Postby bobsmith on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm using Felicia with cairo-dock. Cairo-dock is working perfectly except for one thing - it will not start nautilus no matter what I try. I'm using "nautilus" in the cairo-dock launcher command field. I have verified that the "nautilus" command works fine in both the terminal and in a panel launcher. I have tried various other commands. I have included the entire path. I have reinstalled cairo-dock. I have dragged a working nautilus link from the panel to cairo-dock... nothing works. Cairo-dock simply ignores the nautilus command; the icon blinks and then nothing happens. Yet all other cairo-dock launchers work perfectly. If someone using Felicia would verify that cairo-dock launches nautilus, and post the command you're using for the launcher, I'd appreciate it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well. I'm just checking here to verify that I don't need some command specific to Mint (which seems highly unlikely since I can launch nautilus from both terminal and panel). Thanks.
Linux Mint 17 Mate, 16GB RAM, 64 bit Intel CPU
bobsmith
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint & Cairo-Dock

Postby bobsmith on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:46 pm

I finally found it... so just in case anyone else encounter this problem, here's the fix. Use this command (including the period):

/usr/bin/nautilus --no-desktop --browser .
Linux Mint 17 Mate, 16GB RAM, 64 bit Intel CPU
bobsmith
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions