Help with Weather Widget

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Help with Weather Widget

Postby Royo on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi All

I have tried to get both weather screenlets and Gdesklets to work properly without success. I wold like one that displays 4 or 5 days worth of forecasts. Can some one suggest one that they know works and is easy and simple on the eye. I am familiar with obtaining the appropriate location code from weather.com so that is not my problem. I am using Mint 6 main.
My location is Gosford NSW Australia (incase that has any bearing on the applet)

Cheers

Roy
Royo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Help with Weather Widget

Postby Husse on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:08 pm

I use 1-clickweather an addon to Firefox which works really well.
You get present weather and forecast for the rest of the day and tomorrow in the bottom bar of FF and easy access to a 10 day forecast
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Help with Weather Widget

Postby Elthium on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Royo, just right click on the taskbar and add the weather widget from the list. I live in Sydney and it allows me to get weather data from B.O.M. at Sydney Airport. Not pretty but functional.
Elthium
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions