system restore on Elyssa

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
psych1610

Re: system restore on Elyssa

Post by psych1610 »

Hi, unfortunately Linux Mint (nor any Linux distro I know of) does not have a "system restore" type feature like Windows unless you personally make backups or installed something that might do it for you (nothing I know of, once again). I think thats what you're looking for.

In the future it's recommended to only get things from the Ubuntu repositories of the current version of Mint you're using. In your case it would be Ubuntu 8.04 which is compatible with Elyssa. If you want to use things from the Ubuntu 8.10 repos it is recommended to install Mint 6, Felicia, the most recent version of Mint.

Perhaps if you let us know whats happening we can try and fix it for you? Or maybe simply removing that program will do the trick?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”