Refresh Rate

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Udi
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Refresh Rate

Post by Udi »

Open the Control Center and go in to "Screen Resolution".
If you still don't have the option to go above 60 Hz then provide us with more details on your hardware (which graphics card you have?).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Udi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Udi »

I don't have a GeForce, so there isn't much more I can do to help you. BUT - the forum is full of posts regarding your hardware, so you can just look around and you should find an answer pretty quick. If not, open another post . . .

Good luck.
Udi.
jojo1028
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jojo1028 »

Hi,

You installed the proprietary drivers i think so you should be able to launch menu/administration/nvidia xserver settings .
In the X Server Display Configuration tab, do you have more options ?
jojo1028
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jojo1028 »

hi,

you don t have any options like in this image ? :

piratesmack

Post by piratesmack »

Rookie One wrote:Yeah I don't have the option to go above 60. I have an NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GTS. The driver manager popped up and told me the drivers weren't open source or something, but I went ahead and installed it anyway.

The Nvidia driver is weird
After installing it, Linux Mint's screen resolution tool thinks my refresh rate is at 50Hz
But if I open "nvidia-xserver-settings" it says the refresh rate is at 75Hz (Which it is)

I don't know exactly why it does this, but you can stop it by disabling "dynamic twin view"

Edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add this to the "Device" section:

Code: Select all

Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"

Return to “Beginner Questions”