There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section. Before you post please read how to get help
I recently installed LinuxMint and strangely today, I can't seem to get to any of the "microsoft" websites. Hotmail, MSDN, and even http://www.microsoft.com. I can get to other websites without a problem. From my other PCs (running XP/Vista) I can get to hotmail and MSDN sites from my other PCs/Laptops just fine.
stabby wrote:That's a pun or actual question? In case you really can't open the sites you may try checking what domains you have blocked in mintNanny.
I understand the irony of asking about microsoft websites here but it is an actual question. I don't have anything setup in mintNanny. I was just wondering if someone has an explanation for this behavior.
I was trying to check my old Hotmail account and looking up something on SQL Server for work related question and noticed that it won't open the pages. I open the same pages on my other XP/Vista machines, and they work fine.
They've got some stuff running on at least part of their site so you cannot access parts w/o the venerable IE as the browser. I know from past experience that this applies in the download area (as in can't download stuff from MS using FF). I don't know how wide-spread this is since I don't frequent MS much anymore .
Linux'd since 2005 Linux ID 422356 Ubuntu ID 15015
The problem seems to be with my LinuxMint installation (I did fresh install couple of days ago - first time trying out LinuxMint. I've used other Linux flavors before and did not encounter this kind of problem). I fired up my old PIII running xubuntu and I don't have any problems getting to these sites.
I reinstalled LinuxMint then I was able to hit those websites. I ran all the package updates, the websites still worked. After I activated the ATI/AMD FGLRX driver for the graphics card on this computer, it stops working. It's still not working after I deactivated the driver.