Felicia or Daryna

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Felicia or Daryna

Postby vrk1219 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi,
I had the Daryna version of Mint on my system, in which I installed the Felicia version of Mint.
But still in the start menu, I have Daryna :roll: :!: :x
Why is this happening?

Another question is though Daryna, Felicia, Elyssa are based on Ubuntu/ Debian infact... why there are separate packages for the same?
Are they not binary compatible??

Please clarify
Thanks & Regards
RK Veluvali
vrk1219
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Felicia or Daryna

Postby rivenought on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:45 pm

When you upgraded from Daryna to Felicia, you kept your /home partition intact or carried over your settings, right? All you did was carry the name Daryna in one file to the new Felicia install. It is quite common when one upgrades with a /home partition intact, so do not worry. If you right-click on the menu, you will have the option to rename it from Daryna to Felicia or Menu, as it is the default these days.

Mint 4 "Daryna" is compatible with Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy Gibbon"
Mint 5 "Elyssa" is compatible with Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron"
Mint 6 "Felicia" is compatible with Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex"
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Felicia or Daryna

Postby vrk1219 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:43 pm

rivenought wrote:When you upgraded from Daryna to Felicia, you kept your /home partition intact or carried over your settings, right? All you did was carry the name Daryna in one file to the new Felicia install. It is quite common when one upgrades with a /home partition intact, so do not worry. If you right-click on the menu, you will have the option to rename it from Daryna to Felicia or Menu, as it is the default these days.

Mint 4 "Daryna" is compatible with Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy Gibbon"
Mint 5 "Elyssa" is compatible with Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron"
Mint 6 "Felicia" is compatible with Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex"

thanks for the info...
another silly question...
All the compatibility issues are due to Kernel or something else??
Thanks & Regards
RK Veluvali
vrk1219
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Newbie Questions