Problem with Firefox

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Problem with Firefox

Postby jacatone on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:59 pm

For some strange reason Firefox 3 now covers up my screen completely. It covers the Menu taskbar, and I don't see the minimize/close icons on the right. This so typical of Linux. It starts to fail within a short period of time. Anyway, anyone know how I fix this besides using SeaMonkey? Thanks.
jacatone
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Problem with Firefox

Postby fwc on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:29 am

You are sure there is no full screen turned on (F11)? That is the obvious solution but perhaps you could try an update if its old.
fwc
Level 4
Level 4

Postby lexon on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Did you inadvertently select Full Screen? I have done that a couple times.

lexon
Lindows, Linspire, Freespire, Ubuntu, Mint 15 Cinnamon, Mint 16 XFCE, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit.
lexon
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Radar on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:22 pm

For me pressing F11 twice while in Firefox only worked for a short time.

If you are using Felicia, try the following: Exit Firefox. In Mint menu under Applications select Preferences > Compizconfig Setting Manager > Utility > click on the word Workarounds > this will bring up a new dialogue box. Remove the check mark at Legacy Full Screen Support. Exit.
Radar
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Frannie on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 am

I had a similar prob, ie, taskbar would disappear as soon as you clicked an online link including your e-mail box and Radar's solution worked. Grateful thanks.
Frannie
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Frannie on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Also, in case anybody is interested, I found that if you right click over an individual icon in the taskbar, you can move it to left or right of the taskbar by right-clicking on the mouse upon which you will see a clenched-fist symbol. Simply drag the clench-fist symbol to your desired position then left-click the mouse to fix it there. Don't forget to relock the taskbar afterwards.
Frannie
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions