Screenlets and sensors.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
globetrotterdk

Screenlets and sensors.

Post by globetrotterdk »

I have installed screenlets and was surprised to notice that LM 6 installs sensors automatically. Don't get me wrong, I view this as a very good thing. The problem is that I don't know if only certain sensors are installed according to specific hardware configurations. I have LM 6 installed on a Lenovo T60 and there are both ACPI and IBM sensors of various types installed. They don't report the same temperature, hence my confusion. Was there an error when the sensors installed or are all sensors added automatically? Which sensors should I use for accurate measurements? Should I uninstall the ones I don't use to avoid confusion?

Cheers

You can see the choices I have in screenlets here:

http://sn.im/d3db1-cd4
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Screenlets and sensors.

Post by Husse »

There are lots (well :)) of sensors in a computer. I think you have to find out what the sensor values represent
You have at least a sensor in the PSU, on the motherboard, in the CPU, in the GPU and possibly somewhere else + sensors in fans that might be reported

Return to “Beginner Questions”