Password Problem?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintuser

Password Problem?

Post by mintuser »

I have Linux Mint 6 Felicia, with GNOME, and when I go to the login prompt and enter my password it does not always work. I can enter the password and it will log in, but if I enter a wrong password like "lalala" at the end of my password or something, it will log me in correctly anyway. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Password Problem?

Post by Husse »

Really?
What happens if you try to login without password? Or with just one letter/number as password?
Go to "Users and groups" > Unlock > Set a new password (In Properties)
Check login

Return to “Beginner Questions”