Configuring Thunderbird for IMAP exchange 2003 servers

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Configuring Thunderbird for IMAP exchange 2003 servers

Postby ellitech on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Configuring Thunderbird in LinuxMint to connect to IMAP exchange 2003 servers

Does anyone know the correct settings? I am new to Linux so I am a bit of a newbie...

Also, can you set it up so that you can OWA to grab the mail?
https://domain_name.com for example...

ElliTech
Last edited by ellitech on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ellitech
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Configuring Thunderbird for IMAP servers

Postby garda on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:37 pm

We do not know anything because you have not mentioned what email provider you subscribe to. If it is a premium or closed service (i.e. provided by your company), you might want to ask the provider or an IT support personnel in your company for the correct settings instead.
garda
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Configuring Thunderbird for IMAP exchange 2003 servers

Postby garda on Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:06 pm

OWA stands for Outlook Web Access. It is a mean of gaining access to an Exchange account through web browser. That is what it is, to allow users of Microsoft Exchange services to access their accounts without having to go through the hassle of setting up and configuring client softwares. In other words, use Firefox to log in through OWA.

If you want to access your Exchange account using a client software, you have to try Evolution instead. That is what I use to take advantage of a telco-deployed Exchange service here. And there is no way we can tell what the correct settings should be like, since we are not the ones who roll out the service. You really have to consult the people who are in charge of it.
garda
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Configuring Thunderbird for IMAP exchange 2003 servers

Postby ellitech on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks...

I do know however that there is a mail messaging client that can be set up to connect through OWA...versus having it connect to the exchange server directly. This would be similar to how you can configure Outlook 2003 client for example to access your email through OWA...

ElliTech
ellitech
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions