Linux Mint Themes

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Linux Mint Themes

Postby lamdacore on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi,

I wanted to know how I could install different themes. I went to Control Center -> Appearance Preferences. Now, I can choose many of the ready made themes but I want to download and install new themes from here. How can I do that? Please help, I love playing with new themes :D

Thanks

lamda
lamdacore
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Linux Mint Themes

Postby distoaddict on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:32 pm

distoaddict
Level 4
Level 4

Postby lamdacore on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:55 am

thank you everyone for your help
lamdacore
Level 1
Level 1

Postby rivenought on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:42 am

You can also check Synaptic for the gnome-themes package. There are some additions in there. The gnome-themes-extras package does not work (as per the Mint 6 release notes), but the community-themes (Ubuntu community) look pretty good, though I usually prefer lighter colors. They are an easy install via Synaptic, and an easy uninstall if you do not like them. There are several icon sets sprinkled around in there, as well. Have fun.
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions