Icons

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Icons

Postby AndyP79 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Hey all,
Okay, so I am newish to Mint, but been using Ubuntu for some time now, though, I am not super technical.

I have downloaded several icon themes, and something I run into in Mint, is that the folder mainly, though other icons also, don't work. Example, I downloaded the Glass Icon theme, and I get this strange, gray default type of folder instead of the themed one.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks
The older you get the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin man! L-I-V-I-N!
AndyP79
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Icons

Postby garda on Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Have you managed to solve the puzzle?

If not, give me the link to the Icon theme and I will gladly try and have a look at it.
garda
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Kaye on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:26 am

The icon theme he's talking about works perfectly for me.
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Postby AndyP79 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:05 am

It's not just the Glass Icon theme. It's a lot of icon themes. Downloaded from different sources. MintInstall, LinuxMintArt.org, Gnome-look.org, Art Manager from the menu, etc.
I am thinking about trying a reload of the the computer, because last time I had it on here, the icons and all worked fine. I am going to try posting to the ubuntu forums also though first, and see what happens, I'll post answers here......
The older you get the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin man! L-I-V-I-N!
AndyP79
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions