(Solved)Yet Another Audio Question:-)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

(Solved)Yet Another Audio Question:-)

Postby wbee on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Hello,

When ripsose told me to go into the bios and disable on the on board sound,Linux Mint loaded the Soundblaster card's drivers perfectly.

It plays the system sound effects perfectly.

When I put a cd in the player,it sent me to the default player. I hit "play" and nothing.

I went to the system tray's speaker icon and checked the preferences. There were no mutes and there was no sound with the digital and analogue source buttons ticked and unticked in all combinations.

I double clicked the disk icon on the desktop and it opened a window with all the tracks listed as files. I double clicked one,and the file played,*in the default movie player.
The volume control on the system tray had no effect at all. I used the one on the movie player.

What should I reset to get the audio player to work?

-------------

Thank you.
wbee
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: (Solved)Yet Another Audio Question:-)

Postby Husse on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:06 am

Solved - how?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby wbee on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:20 pm

Husse and All,

I apologize. I figured the (solved) was to prevent helpers from taking time to read my post. I got it half right.:-)

My guess is that someone at Linux Mint corrected a bug,because the next time I booted up,it worked perfecty

-------------

Woody
wbee
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Solved indicates also that someone has fixed a problem that you may have and so you are interested in reading the solution
Thank you for putting solved in the subject line
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions