Where to Install MINT

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Where to Install MINT

Postby MintyFresh55 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 am

When I bought this computer, I had the drive from my older one put into this tower. My question is, how involved or easy would it be to install MINT onto my D drive? I don't need anything that's on there, my Windows would still be on drive C....I do need it for a bit longer, unfortunately. I have 46GB left on drive D, but really, I don't think I would bother to keep the stuff (including windows), that's on there now.

Any suggestions/help?

Thank You!!!!
MintyFresh55
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Where to Install MINT

Postby garda on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 am

Download and read the manual from this Mint Wiki page then decide for yourself. In short, it will be very easy -- in my opinion.
garda
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Where to Install MINT

Postby MintyFresh55 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:54 am

Thank you for your patience with this newbie. I tried not to ask questions that were covered in the manual, I downloaded it earlier today, but apparently, not read it in it's entirety!

Just saying it's easy in your opinion, helps boost my confidence a lot! I've become hopelessly addicted to Linux, but quickly overwhelmed , as well. With patience, and help from the wonderful people on this forum, I'll be on my own very soon.

Again, THANK YOU!!
MintyFresh55
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions