General Maintenace for Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fwc

Re: General Maintenace for Mint

Post by fwc »

Due to the similarities between Ubuntu and Mint you can probably just Google Ubuntu clean up
Here is one link I found that might be good: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/cleaning-up-a ... buntu.html
and another site gave some suggestions including, gconf cleaner for gconf keys (like a win reg cleaner), sudo apt-get autoremove cleans unneeded dependencies, and deborphan :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rmockler

Post by rmockler »

I installed deborphan using synaptic, and when I run it I get a list of 10 libraries. How courageous would I have to be to delete these libraries? It wouldn't cause an insurmountable problem because I am backed up. Apparently the only way to run deborphan is with the CLI as I can find no menu option for it, is this correct?
Thanks,
Dick Mockler
distoaddict

Post by distoaddict »

gtkorphan is a gui for deborphan.

Return to “Beginner Questions”