distribution upgrade

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

distribution upgrade

Postby mintuser1978 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:17 pm

I was just wondering how I can do a distribution upgrade from Cassandra to Felicia Without downloading the ISO and burning it. I don't have mintUpdate for some reason, just the default Update manager from ubuntu. The only distribution upgrade option it gives me is to 7.10, I have satellite internet, so my bandwidth limit is going to only let me do .iso or upgrade. Thanks in advance.....
mintuser1978
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: distribution upgrade

Postby rivenought on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Welcome to the forum! I suggest your best option is to download an ISO of Mint 6. If you are extremely pressed for satellite bandwidth, you might consider purchasing an inexpensive CD from one of the vendors on the Linux Mint site. A clean install instead of any type of dist-upgrade is going to be your safest bet. Have fun.
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Re: distribution upgrade

Postby garda on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:35 am

And there is no option or tool that can help you upgrade from Cassandra to Felicia. Your only option is clean install.

You might want to find a local Open Source OS distributor that sells Linux installation discs or get in touch with a local Linux user group which can often help you obtain distro installation discs or images at zero cost.
garda
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions